After practicing for several years in major French and Anglo-Saxon business law firms, we decided we would better serve profession by working in an independent structure where we could develop a direct and privileged relationship with our clients.
We are able to provide our clients with advice and assistance to standards of competence and responsiveness consistent with those of the large business law firms, while at the same time ensuring a great personal involvement in the matters they place in our hands.
Our guiding principles:
• We pride ourselves on being available and responsive;
• We take the time to listen to our clients in order to meet their expectations by means of a pragmatic approach;
• Our work on each file is tailored individually to the client;
• Our fees are fixed transparently and without any surprises.
We assist our clients, principally French and foreign companies, banks and investors, but also company managers and court-appointed receivers, providing them with legal expertise accompanied by a full understanding of the economic stakes.
We advise our clients with the often complex problems with which they are confronted in the course of their business and we assist them both in the early stages, with risk prevention and management of pre-litigation situations, and also later, with their litigation procedures.
We assist our clients with prevention of commercial disputes and with their litigation proceedings:
• Contractual liability (performance and termination of commercial agreements, indemnification, unfair competition etc.);
• Tort liability (termination of established commercial relationships, etc.);
• Litigation related with corporate law (mergers & acquisitions, shareholder conflicts, etc.)
We advise debtors, their management and their shareholders but also court-appointed receivers, creditors or third party acquirers in all situations relating to troubled companies :
• Prevention of difficulties (mandat ad hoc, conciliation);
• Insolvency proceedings (safeguard, recovery or judicial liquidation, sale plans/takeover offers);
• Liability of former managers.
VIRGINIE HUG DE LARAUZE
Attorney admitted to the Paris Bar in 2004, Virginie Hug de Larauze has a DEA in Business Law (University of Paris X Nanterre, 2002).
Before creating VHL AVOCATS in 2012, Virginie worked as a lawyer notably in Jeantet Associés, Sonier Poulain and Salans (Dentons).
Virginie Hug de Larauze is a member of IFPPC (Institut Français des Praticiens des Procédures Collectives), Supplémentd'Elles (ex Woman RH) and WIR (Women in Restructuring).
Virginie Hug de Larauze teaches at Université Paris I - Panthéon Sorbonne within the Master 2 Administration et Liquidation des Entreprises en Difficulté (ALED).
VINCENT HUG DE LARAUZE
Attorney admitted to the Paris Bar in 2000, Vincent Hug de Larauze has a DEA in Business Law and a DESS in International Trade Law (University of Paris X Nanterre, 1996 and 1997).
He also has an LLB Degree (University College London, 1994).
Before creating VHL AVOCATS in 2012, Vincent Hug de Larauze worked as a lawyer notably in Darrois, Villey, Maillot & Brochier, Jeantet Associés and Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP.